General Bidding Information
1. Quick Facts
- Since June 2012, there have been NO BUYER'S FEES at DLRC Auctions! Bid with confidence and "pay what you bid."
- We are available to assist with bidding and to answer any auction questions, Monday-Friday 9am - 5:00pm, EST
- Our auctions typically run for one week at a time, closing between 8-11pm (EST).
- Each auction usually has 200-400 lots, with approximately 50 UNRESERVED lots at a $1 starting bid.
- Our bidding process is simple and transparent.
- Auction Bid Extension: In the last 3 minutes of the auction, if a bid is placed by a bidder, an additional 3 minutes will be added for each bid that is placed until there is no further bidding.
- View detailed Auction Terms & Conditions.
- Shipping Charges: All standard shipping is free of charge.
- Returns: Auction purchases may only be returned upon DLRC approval within 10 days of receipt of such item.
Due to the competitive environment of auctions, we ask that you keep returns to a minimum, and use careful consideration before placing your bids.
- Sorry, we cannot accommodate layaways on Internet auction purchases without prior agreement.
A New Internet Auction Every Week -- ending Sunday evenings.
Our bidding process is easy and transparent to make bidders as comfortable as possible. The best part... NO BUYER'S FEES!
2. Bidding Increments
|$26 - $49.99
|$50 - $99.99
|$100 - $249.99
|$250 - $749.99
|$750 - $1,499.99
|$1,500 - $4,999.99
|$5,000 - $24,999.99
|$25,000 - $49,999.99
|$50,000 - $99,999.99
|$100,000 - $999,999.99
|$1,000,000 - up
The increment specifies the additional minimum amount required to place the next bid on a lot. For example, a lot with a current bid of $5,000 has an increment of $250, making the next legal bid $5,250.
3. Bidding Tips
- Bid Strong & Bid Early. We highly recommend that you bid your highest number early. Tie bids will be given to the first bid received. If you are unsure of the current market value of any coins in this sale, contact one of our numismatists. We are here to help.
- Your highest bid is kept hidden from all other bidders. Once the reserve has been met on a particular lot, your bid will only be increased if another bidder raises you. For example, if the reserve is $1,000 and you bid $1,250, your highest bid will only be raised to $1,000. If another bidder bids $1,100 on the same lot, your bid will increase (by the next increment) to $1,150, and he/she will be notified that they have been outbid. Likewise, if the bid is placed by another party to $1,500, the highest bid posted will be $1,300. Once a reserve has been met, you will only pay one increment over the next highest bidder.
- Your Online Bids are Binding. Please be careful placing your online bids as they are binding, and you are obligated to purchase any and all winning lots. If you feel that you have made any bids in error, please email the DLRC auction group immediately so we can correct the error. You cannot reduce your bid by bidding a lower amount later. Where possible, reserves may be lowered during the auction on some items.
- Email us. Send an email to the Auction Group for an immediate response.
4. Trade-ins Welcome
- We love trades! If you have coins to sell or trade against auction purchases, call, email or fax us today with a list and we'll work with you.
- Whether you are upgrading your existing collection or moving your focus to a new series, trading in your old coins makes the process easy.
- This 3 Easy Ways page will give you more information about selling/trading your coins to us.